Ingredients for the macarons:
100 gr powdered sugar
100 grams powdered almonds
1 teaspoon matcha
75 gr egg whites
100 gr sugar
25 ml water
1 drop green cooking color
1 unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon matcha
1 tablespoon milk
- With a pencil draw the macaron shapes on baking paper and put another paper on top.
- Put the powdered sugar, ground almond and matcha in the blender, grind them and pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Add half of the egg whites and wrap the mixture with a spatula until it becomes like a paste. Leave aside.
- Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan, in medium heat and stir well to make the syrup.
- Until the syrup is done, beat the remaining egg whites into the blender until they become meringue. Lower the mixer volume and add the syrup to the meringue and mix again. Strengthen the mixer intensity and mix again.
- Add about half the amount of meringue to the almond paste, gently folding until it joins well. Gradually add the remaining meringue, and cooking color and mix.
- Fill a round confectionery bag with the mixture and form the macaroni on the baking paper. Let them to rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to facilitate the creation of crust.
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Let the macarons cool down.
- To prepare the buttermilk, put the butter in the mixer, add the powdered sugar, the matcha powder, and whip until it joins well.
- Add the milk and whisk for another 3 minutes. Put a tablespoon of buttermilk to half of macarons and cover with the remaining ones. Our macarons are ready!